Interested in driving for CST?
Below are some of our main qualification guidelines.
- Must be 23 or older.
- Must have 2 years total verifiable experience, 20 months if clean driving record
- Minimum 24 months of verifiable Class A driving experience, 20 months if clean driving record
- Truck school does not count
- Experience outside of the United States does not count
- Must be able to comprehend the English language as required in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Must be able to pass a DOT Drug test.
- Must possess a valid Medical Card.
- Must possess a Class A CDL with no restrictions.
- CDL must have a Non excepted interstate medical declaration
- No major violations in last two years
- No DUI’s, or DWI’s in last 10 years
- No reckless or careless driving convictions last 5 years
- No more than two moving violation convictions in the past three years.
- No Preventable DOT reportable accidents in last 5 years
- No following too closely in last 5 years
- No speeding over 15 within the last 5 years
- No using handheld while operating CMV last 5 years
- No felony convictions in last 10 years
- Must meet all other CST and DOT standards and qualifications
- Must pass and maintain a current DOT inspection.
- DOT inspection must be within three months, and completed by verifiable vendor.
- Tractor must not be manufactured prior to (model year) 2000
Have a question concerning whether or not you qualify? Please contact your local CST office, or email Recruiting@cstruck.com!